Sunday, December 15, 2013

Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Grapes

I made this dish the other night, to accompany fish baked with tomatoes, with some brown rice on the side.  All delicious!  I'll post the fish recipe also.  This brussels sprouts recipe would also be great for Thanksgiving dinner.  I'll have to try to remember it for next year. . .  I think this could also be made into a full meal by adding in sliced chicken sausage.

ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND GRAPES
adapted from a Steamy Kitchen recipe
4 servings

1-1/2 lbs. brussels sprouts, bottom of base cut off and halved
3/4 lb. seedless red grapes, halved
2 T. olive oil
2-1/2 T. soy sauce
1-1/2 T. balsamic vinegar
freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 400F.  Put the brussels sprouts and grapes in a bowl and toss with the oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and black pepper.  Cover a rimmed baking tray with aluminum foil.  Put the sprouts and grapes in the tray, spreading out to one layer.  Roast in the oven for 25 minutes, tossing them halfway through.


1 comment:

  1. I will definitely try this, but probably with green instead of red grapes since that's the kind I buy for snacking. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks!

    Cookie

    ReplyDelete