Sunday, November 14, 2010

My one original recipe

Inspired by Kathy Loomis, who has started a second blog about cooking, in addition to her blog about quilting, I've decided to do the same. I enjoy sharing recipes, so I'll try this out as another way of sending out recipes I've enjoyed.  I would be delighted to receive your recipes too. 


Here's the one recipe that is totally my own. I made it up one day from what I had in the vegetable bin. It's really tasty.

CABBAGE AND VEGETABLE SALAD
1/2 lb. cabbage (about 1/3 of a head), sliced and cut into confetti-like shapes (that is, like dicing, but flat)
1/2 lb. carrots (about 4), chopped small or grated in the food processor
4 scallions, sliced (or about 1/3 cup red onion, diced)
1 red pepper, diced
1/3 c. currants
3/8 c. lemon juice (I squeezed one lemon, and topped up with bottled; all bottled is fine too)
1 T. sugar
1 T. sesame oil
Mix everything together and enjoy!

To copy the recipe for yourself, the simplest thing to do is to select the text of the recipe, copy, and then paste it into a Word document.
I won't usually be including photos in this blog, but I was so happy with this recipe that I took a few snapshots some months back.



1 comment:

  1. Oh this looks splendid. When I get back home, I'll try it out on the fam. I look forward to future posts!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete