Monday, January 18, 2021

Update of recipe for Red Curry Lentils with Sweet Potatoes and Spinach

I made this recipe again tonight, and found myself thinking, "I wish I could have people over for dinner so I could serve this to them!" If you haven't tried this yet, I do encourage you, especially now that I've simplified the recipe a little bit, combining some steps together. The original recipe called for browning the sweet potato first, and then taking it out of the pot to cook the onion. But I forgot to remove the sweet potatoes, and the few extra minutes of cooking did no harm. So I've changed the directions to cook them together. And since I like to chop garlic, ginger, and onions in sequence in my food processor, I've changed the directions so these ingredients are all added in together. Finally, I took out the original recipe's suggestion that cilantro and toasted coconut be used as final add-ons at the table. I used neither tonight, and think they're entirely unnecessary. The flavors of this stew are already complex and delicious, so why bother with more ingredients?

So, here's a link to the revised recipe. Enjoy! 

https://penny-inthekitchen.blogspot.com/2020/01/red-curry-lentils-with-sweet-potatoes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment